Cheverly Swim and Racquet Club (CSR) – a family-friendly, community-based swim club – is seeking a head coach for the summer season 2018. The CSR swim team participates in the Prince-Mont Swim League, D division.
Ideally, the assistant coaches will be strong swimmers and have 2 years of coaching experience. The assistant coaches will aid swimmers in mastering strokes, setting and achieving goals, practicing good sportsmanship and developing confidence.
The summer season begins Memorial Day weekend and runs through the beginning of August. Hours vary week by week. Early in the season, the hours range from 15-20, while at the height of the season the weekly hours increase to about 40/week. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Assist with all practices, including
- Taking attendance
- Keeping computer records/spreadsheet
- Running pre-practice stretches and warm-ups
- Working with the head coach in running practice.
- Instructing swimmers on proper swimming form and techniques
- Observing swimmers to detect and correct mistakes
- Monitoring swimmers’ progress
- Providing feedback on performance
- Ensuring the equipment is stored properly at the end of practice
- Assist with planning and supervising all swim meets, including
- Seeding all meets
- Supervising entire swim meet, including warm-ups, practice dives, events, ensuring the safety of all swimmers
- Encouraging team efforts
- Encouraging good sportsmanship
- Working with parent committees
- Cell phones are not to be used during swim practice!
- Ensure that swimmers under coaches’ care are not left unsupervised
- Notify swimmers of any potential risk factors and protect them from potential dangers
- Know and understand emergency procedures
- Be on deck before swimmers enter the water. Swimmers are not to be left unsupervised during practice or at any swim meet