Cheverly Swim and Racquet Club (CSR) – a family-friendly, community-based swim club – is seeking a head coach for the summer season 2018. The CSR swim team participates in the Prince-Mont Swim League, C division.
Ideally, the head coach will be a strong swimmer, have 5 years of coaching experience, and have Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard, and First Aid certifications. The head coach will aid swimmers in mastering strokes, setting and achieving goals, practicing good sportsmanship and developing confidence.
The summer season begins Memorial Day weekend and runs through the end of July. Hours vary week by week. Early in the season, the hours range from 15-20, while at the height of the season the weekly hours increase to about 40/week. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Lead all practices
- Prepare adequate and appropriate practice work-outs for the various age groups. Practices include pre-practice stretches and warm-ups
- Supervise assistant coaches
- Instruct swimmers on proper swimming form and techniques
- Observe swimmers to detect and correct mistakes
- Monitor swimmers’ progress
- Provide feedback on performance
- Plan and supervise all swim meets
- Seed all meets
- Supervise entire swim meet, including warm-ups, practice dives, events, ensuring the safety of all swimmers
- Encourage team efforts
- Encourage good sportsmanship
- Work with parent committees
- Ensure that there are sufficient supplies and equipment to conduct practice
- Make sure all equipment used during practice is stored properly
- Regularly check equipment for necessary repair or replacement
- Ensure that swimmers under coaches’ care are not left unsupervised
- Notify swimmers of any potential risk factors and protect them from potential dangers
- Know and understand emergency procedures
- Be on deck before swimmers enter the water. Swimmers are not to be left unsupervised during practice or at any swim meet.